
-Ephriam, UT-
17 year old motocyclist and girlfriend received life saving medical treatment from a voulteer EMT after colliding into the back of a van during rush hour on Ephraim's main drag.
(Alex Cameron puts on gloves to help out,left)
"I thought it was just a little fender bender," said Fairview EMT Brian Miller. Brian was driving to Salt Lake City to enjoy the circus when he heard the crash. His friend, who witnessed the motorcyclists being thrown from the bike, said it was he who convinced the EMT to pull over.
The unusual amount of traffic that afternoon threw off the cyclists. "I didn't see the cars in front of me stop, and by the time I did, it was too late." The 17-year old male driving the motorcycle and the passanger, his 17-year old girlfriend, collided with the stoppd van and were ejected from their vehicle.
Being the first on the seen, Brian Miller called 911 dispatch and informed them of the accident, then continued on to give medical attention to the victims. Alex Cameron, Brian's friend, put on some gloves and aided as much as possible. "It was an adrenaline rush," said Alex in the interview, "I usually can't handle seeing blood but in this intense situation, I helped and didn't even pass out."
The ejected victims suffered minor cuts as well as possible broken pinky finger. "Thank goodness they were both wearing helmets, or it would have been a lot worse," Brian informed us. Ephraim city ambulance arrived an astonashing 10 minutes after the accident, quite a wait for only being located no more than 300 feet away from the scene, to find their work already done by the voulenteer EMT.
Brian and Alex were at the right place, at the right time. Ephraim police officers confirm that the driver of the motocycle was not intoxicated and that the accident was purly incidental. This is one case that the officer was glad to see that that the passengers were not wearing a seatbelt.


(Ephraim City Ambulance, left, blood stained curb from victim, center, collision site, right)
4 comments:
My brother the hero! Way to get your friend to stop. And way to not pass out... I might have.
Way to go AL
Right place at the right time... Way to go Alex!
Wow, that's crazy! Good job Al!
Post a Comment