
We've all seen them on Triple D (Diners, Drive-ins & Dives), and from then on had a crazy craving , tempting us try one of their huge meatballs. Well, I gave in. On Monday, my friends and I headed up north to visit the exhibit at The Leonardo, Body Worlds, and decided to stop in at Moochie's.
Aside from their meatballs, Moochie's is also famous for their authentic philly cheesesteaks. I got decided to go with the meatball, Aaron with the cheesesteak, and Brian with a chicken parmigiana sandwhich.
I'll start with the meatball. Size was everything I had hoped for and more. The meatballs were huge, probably weighing in close to 1/3 lb each and could barely fit inside the warm bun with provolone cheese and smothered in a marinara sauce. On the downside, those giant heart stoping balls didn't have the flavor to back up their size. After finishing the sandwhich I still felt incomplete. I got the 6".
The cheesesteak on the other hand, had thinly sliced beef, lightly seered on the flat top wth onions, american cheese, and green peppers. The beef wasn't tough, had good flavor, and that cheese was melted very nicely. The meat to bun ratio was fairly close, compared to most places that has a higher bun ratio. 6"
Last and the least, was the chicken parmigiana sandwhich. It came with chicken lightly breaded with flour, then fried on the flat top with oil, and then placed on a bun with cheese and marinara sauce. The flavor from the oil I felt was too over powering ad covered up the flavors from the sauce and the chicken. 12"
6" sandwiches were about $6
12" sandwiches were closer to $11
Overall: If I were to go back, I would get the cheesesteak. If you're looking for a giant bland meatball sandwich, this is the place to go. For a really good cheesesteak that will fill you up, and leave you satisfied then you you have found your place.
At first looks, Moochie's doesn't look like much. It's located at 232 E 800 S in what looks like an old house turned into a restaurant. The inside was deocrated with awards won by local newspapers, citydeals.com and most importantly, a poster signed by the host of Triple D, Guy Fieri himself. Besides the numerous awards, hand made pottery covers the gaps and is available for sale. Seating would be hard to find during busier hours.
4 comments:
I am a little disappointed that the meatball sandwich wasn't quite what Guy had made it on the show. Maybe he was just plain pretending!!
Way to go Al. Guy did make it seem great.
I went there once. Good stuff.
I love your review! Lets see some more. Come on out to Herriman give Anthony's Mexican Food (yes..that is the name of the restaurant) a try for us.
Post a Comment